Agnostic.com

3 0

QUESTION Is 22 Too Young To Marry A 36-Year-Old? 'The Bachelor' Investigates | HuffPost

Age Compatibility : On Monday night’s “The Bachelor,” sensual elf Bekah M. and awkward Labrador Arie Luyendyk Jr. took their steamy chemistry to new, explosive heights. They make out near horses, they make out in a hot tub, they make out at a fancy dinner. Watching their one-on-one date felt so voyeuristic, there were times we nearly yelled at ourselves, “Take a picture, it’ll last longer!”
But hovering over their date was the specter of Bekah’s dark secret: She’s only 22, a fact she finally revealed during their romantic dinner. While Arie, 36, had pressed her in the past about her readiness for marriage, and while he was aware she was young, the revelation that she’s the age of a new college graduate left him gobsmacked, and uncertain whether their relationship could have a future at all.
While in the past, a 14-year age difference might have gone unremarked upon in “Bachelor” land, in 2018 it sparked a lively conversation ? Both on-screen and off. Is 14 years too much of an age gap? Is 22 too young to get married, especially to a 36-year-old? Is Arie condescending to question her readiness, or just realistic? Why did he send all the 30-ish women home and keep a bunch of young 20-somethings, if he thinks age is a consideration?

Dougy 7 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If they are happy together, makes no difference with age they are. Age is only a number.

From my own experience and beliefs, 22 is waaaay too young especially if it's the guy. And for the guy who is 36 , I would think you will eventually lose her to someone younger. Age matters less as you get older.Everyone kind of ends up in the same age range at some point. I haven't been watching the show , but I don't think it's a Long Term match 🙂

Claire: Back at the house, the women are discussing Bekah’s age gap with Arie. She is 14 years younger than him. The age difference between them is in high school.

Emma: So, this is a topic that I was finding kind of difficult to clarify my feelings on, because I think it’s a valid concern that she is 22. That is a specific place in your life. That is a large age gap, and for a lot of people, especially mid-30s to early 20, that’s a big change and there is a lot of life to be lived and things to figure out, usually, when you are 22.

Claire: Especially Bekah in particular, doesn’t seem like someone who would really want to get married right after college.

Emma: Which is not a bad thing, let’s clarify.

Dougy Level 7 Jan 24, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.