Agnostic.com

2 3

QUESTION I Used to Insist I Didn’t Get Angry. Not Anymore. - The New York Times

From the article; Confronting my own aversion to anger asked me to shift from seeing it simply as an emotion to be felt, and toward understanding it as a tool to be used: part of a well-stocked arsenal. When I walked in the Women’s March in Washington a year ago — one body among thousands — the act of marching didn’t just mean claiming the right to a voice; it meant publicly declaring my resolve to use it. I’ve come to think of anger in similar terms: not as a claiming of victimhood but as an owning of accountability. As I write this essay eight months pregnant, I don’t hope that my daughter never gets angry. I hope that she lives in a world that can recognize the ways anger and sadness live together, and the ways rage and responsibility, so often seen as natural enemies, can live together as well.

zblaze 7 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anger makes my blood boils... Never to last more than 5 minutes of anger because I have that power over me.

I salute you...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17960
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.