Agnostic.com

14 9

So this is real? Finally a group of my people?

Just what I wrote above. Hard to find others who are fighting to understand the truth out there, and defend the rest of the religions against the main stream evil ass big league religions. And just all out have a decent conversation that doesn’t end like you just insulted Tom Brady.

Ryan86 4 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome and may you find peace, fun, friendship and more among equals. Just be yourself.

Yes, it is true. You're not dreaming! You have entered the realm of level-headed discussions, where you may converse at ease knowing there is nothing but respect here. Welcome to People-Who-Get-Me Land! (Unofficial title. For now.)

Great Community Ryan, the most intelligent, courteous, thoughtful people I have met on the Internet (Or the Outernet for that matter)

I had to Google Tom Brady. When I lived in Boston the Patriots' quarterback was Jim Plunkett. That's going back a bit!

Welcome, Ryan! Where is Rutland? I guess I have a misperception that Massachusetts is by and large secular. Is that not so? Is your family religious?

Almost haha. Grandmas a full blown catholic. But not a bitch about it just doesn’t agree with me. Ma’s on the fence because when we drink in a blue moon and I get into it I can see I get into her head.
Step pops no clue. But he is a secret cross dresser and I’ve been surprised by what he says in the past. But he’s still a secret. My sister em she’s in agreement with me. And my real dad is one of the crazy ones.

And what do you mean by secular? Sometimes even a words beyond me haha

@Ryan86 Not religious. ????

denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis

@Ryan86 Further to what Rob said and going back to my question. An example is this. Where I live now, it's very religious. There are churches EVERYWHERE. People ask what church you go to. When I see people after a weekend or we are making plans, church is a big factor -- people TALK about their church, going to church, etc. as part of regular conversation. Most kids go to private school and it is usually Catholic. Additionally, there are billboards everywhere that proselytize -- or threaten people with eternal hell if they don't believe. The number is 800-BELIEVE. LOL! When people find out I'm atheist, I am an anomaly -- sometimes they look at me like I have two heads. More often they truly don't understand. Politicians are forever trying to get prayer and creationism "back into schools."
TV stations have across-the-screen mottos saying "God Bless Louisiana." Ugh...

Conversely, when I lived in Seattle, I saw fewer churches. I cannot recall more than a couple billboards ever. If people I knew went to church, they sure didn't talk about it much. Parochial schools were not the norm. Most kids went to public school (unless they were upper income). And on an on -- everything I said about the south being religious, Seattle was pretty much the opposite. Seattle is by and large secular.

So, rounding back to the beginning, I was under the impression that Massachusetts was secular.

@BlueWave then absolutely. You’ll find most won't even talk about religion. It’s a secondary thing. Now when it is brought up. Then the conversation can go anywhere. But even the most hardened have a belief of evolution here or at least a respect of science miles beyond the south. Even with the topic of race the idea of all this racism is so alien to how I saw things growing up here and I’m comparing this to my time in the service and living in the south up until 4 months ago when I couldn’t take it anymore and moved back. They focus on realism here. Not Bullshit.

Yes, it's almost too good to be true, and I hope it's not too good to last. The occasional squabble and a ruffled feather or two and the odd grumpy post, but other than that it all works well.

its all good

Yup - this is REAL Baby !

And we are all here !

Welcome 🙂

welcome

Welcome! It's real, all right. You're probably really going to like it here. It's a good group.
Just as an fyi, I have absolutely NO problem insulting Tom Brady.

Fight me ;P hahha. Thank you. and so far I love it. Being able to communicate with people at the same level is immensely satisfying.
And again. Fight me. Haha Brady is the almighty lord hahahaha

@Ryan86 I hate the pats. Brady's overrated.

@KKGator hey now. Haters gonna hate hate hate. Shake it off 😛 hahaha he’s a man purely of skill

Too bad this isn’t an app.

I can use the site on my phone, without an app.

Love us and we will love you back... welcome to here!

This is a compliment so please don’t get upset( you never know)
With that aside. It gives me so much hope to see a member of older generation open minded.

Welcome! I joined recently as well. I hope you find it as engaging as I have.

It gives me a lot more hope. I always felt so separate. Always having to remold myself to not stand out as I watch events unfolding around always trying to nonchalantly nudge things in a open minded say.
Now I know I’m not alone as much.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.