Agnostic.com

1 1

QUESTION “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore”

I found this while looking for a reply to another question. I think it fits perfectly with our group.

Mission statement:

"I'm as mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore" is a desperate call to action by Peter Finch in the 1976 motion picture Network against those who are driven to use their power against the people. This forum is dedicated to three principles. First, reasonable people should not have to be driven to madness before taking action against unreasonable and unjust policies that destroy the ability to self-govern. Second, that reason should guide our decision making ending in virtuous action. Third, "we the reasonable people" must be compelled to take action by changing the hearts and minds of those who seek to destroy the United States of America's timeless principles of equality beginning from the time of creation, sanctity of human life, and elected government's duty to protect our right to self-govern.

JackPedigo 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's true but as the clock as now been set at 2 minutes to doomsday and more and more legislation is passed by a group of mostly men that is approved by less than 45% of Americans 'we the reasoning people' have failed. The biggest failure was never fixing the race issue after the civil war. The monuments to their loss went to intimidate those black Americans that were now free but stilled needed BY THE WHITES to be 'kept in their place'. Many fled the south for the north and the west, which resented the influx of southern 'refugees'. The ability for elected officials to actively work to devide and conquer was only in abeyance during the depression and WWll years. Racism cranked back up hard in the south after the war when states had rights to disburse funds from the GI Bill. southern blacks got nothing and it was years after the war the last of the Jim Crow laws were off the books. Done ranting.

Are you sure? I think there is still a lot of ‘rant’ left in all of us (including and maybe especially you. Which is a good thing).

Even though I totally agree with you I think it all boils down to the fact humans, despite our ‘superior brain power’ are still severely flawed. It’s all a woman’s fault – Mother nature

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18469
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.