How many of you believe in Zodiac Sign?

How many of you believe in Zodiac Sign?
And why?

• 0 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 15 votes
MatthewKnowler 3 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was about 20, I decided to see if there was anything at all to "the zodiac". Somehow let go of all expectations, and got to the point where I could tell if someone was a Leo or a Taurus (I'm Taurus). I could talk to people for a few seconds, and every single time I asked if they were a Leo, or a Taurus, they were.

Did that quite a few times, saw that there is something to something, and then gave it up in favor of better things to do.

I spent several years in my youth reading and comparing reports based upon my birthdate and time. They often contradicted each other.
None of them revealed anything illuminating.
I'm a product of the time period and culture I was raised in.

Bunch of nonsense. It has been shown to be a fraud. Look up James randy on Youtube.

I don’t put any stock in the alignment of stars/planets dictating your personality or how your day/year is going to go, but I have always loved personality profiles/tests and find that I fit my sign (Cancer) perfectly. In my opinion there are certain profiles or archetypes into which every person fits, with a fair bit of wiggle room. We aren’t all special little snowflakes completely unique from everyone else, no matter how badly one might wish they were.

Just check first if the profile was written with generic information:

Remembering I don't believe in Astrology, but I'm wondering why people born in certain period have usually similar characteristics (acquired surely not from stars, maybe except the sun)

I'm happy to see so many good answers 🙂

I don't believe in it at all, but I have a theory:
I found few links between personality and birth period;

considering naturally culture and childhood, I've notice that winter people are often different from summer people (for example my sister has born at the end of august and she's hyperactive, talking all the time, full of friends, etc; I've born less than a month later, in autumn, and I'm introverse, supercalm, few friends and I don't talk so much. (we have different childhood, but same culture and family)

It could be a link between how much sun a pregnant woman absorbs during the pregnancy or the newborn during the first period of life?
(noticing the differences between nations as well, sunny people (italians, spanish, brasilians, Caribbean) are culturally different from cold nations (england, finland, sweden, russian, germany)

In conclusion:
it just a matter of reflex from your parents that react differently based on how many sun their country has (making them "happier" ),
or the sun can really influence our growing personalities?

Pseudo science, but sometimes good for a giggle.

No star or grouping of stars or grouping of stars and planets has any effect on life at all, with certain exceptions.

A rogue planet traveling through our system could have deleterious effects on life here, especially if it is on a collision course.

A nearby supernova with its poles in alignment with our system would have a substantial effect.

There are other possibilities, but I'm tired of being negative.

Anyway, no, not at all.

A rediculous waste of time is all they are.

I put as much stock in those as I do fortune cookies.

We need to have like buttons on these replies. 😛

But you can always eat the cookie.

Those cookies are nasty George. lol

Many rulers throughout the ages employed astrologers to tell them when was a good time to carry out an expedition. I'm sure to this day many in top jobs or political positions still do though they wouldn't admit it. Astrology is a science and was a well respected position in many cultures.

SamL Level 7 Oct 20, 2017

Absolutely not. Complete, obvious bullshit.

I think the disclaimer of zodiac signs and psychics are applicable, as they are only good for entertainment purposes only. Less so (not as entertaining) as one gets older though.

The foundation of my religious belief (that is that I have none) is that I try not to believe in things that don't have scientific evidence. I believe that the zodiac signs not only don't have evidence that they exist, they have evidence that they don't exist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1850
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.