Agnostic.com

3 2

Can we unite to ban robocalls?

Marine 8 Sep 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Do Not Call list is a joke.

I wish that was possible. Since most friends and family text me, when my phone rings, it's usually a robocall. If I don't recognize a number, I end the call and then block the number. Of course, they'll just call again from a different number...frustrating!

I thought that there as a law against calling people to sell them something? Why isn't it being enforced? Why do they allow it if you purchased something from one of their stores which defeats the law?I am so tired of receiving phone calls at dinner time and just before bed. I receive ten times more calls that i do not answer than i do answer.

Telemarketers (some anyway) are using a method called "spoofing" to get around the current laws, and through this method they can input either a random phone number or have a temporary burner phone number that lasts for a brief amount of time before becoming no longer usable. Might be time to get a call blocker for your phone, I use one and it works well blocks all calls from numbers not in my contact list.

@SpikeTalon What is the name of your blocker?

@Marine It's just called Call Blocker.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:186217
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.