Agnostic.com

6 0

It's good to have an ignore feature, so that if you don't want to read somebody's posts, you can ignore them and then nothing they write will be visible to you--but I think it's kind of dumb that you can't see anything written by the people who have ignored you, either. Except that you DO still see the "headlines" they post in the topics list, but then you can't access the thread when you click on it.

I know it seems almost incomprehensible that someone would ignore ME, but there are a couple of people who apparently weren't ready to deal with rational faith who have pushed the button, and now I'm constantly being "teased" by interesting subjects they have authored in the topic lists, but I can't see what they wrote, or what anyone else wrote in response, or participate in the discussion with people who DO want to read my comments.

So either make it so that when someone ignores you, they stop seeing you, but you still see them, OR, make it so that you can't find any evidence of their continued existence once they ignore you--no threads in the topic list, no profiles, no comments, nothing.

It's also kind of silly to see "1 comment" under a post when you can't see the comment. It's especially silly when it is THEY who ignored YOU. It doesn't necessarily mean that I don't want to read what THEY say, they just don't want to read what I say.

AxeElf 7 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

'Rational faith' seems to me like an oxymoron.

I agree with you.

From my understanding, there is no "Ignore" button (which would be similar to Twitter's "Mute" function).

An IGNORE or MUTE button would do exactly as you describe -- If I ignore or mute you, ** I *** will not see anything you write, but you will still see what I write.

What we have now, as I understand it, is a BLOCK function. With BLOCK, all communication both ways is supposed to be invisible to both parties. Here, it is not, as you described.

On this site, I have not come across anybody that deserves to be BLOCKED -- zero visibility in either direction. But I HAVE come across some who I want to MUTE/IGNORE. Unfortunately, my only choice right now is to block them if I don't want to see what they are writing.

I very much hope that @admin and the team puts this on the list of improvements to make.

Why do you care what others are saying?

What the heck does that even MEAN? We are all here on a public forum/community board having thousands of conversations. If you don't care about what others are saying, I am genuinely confused as to why you are here.

If someone does not like what you are saying and blocked you I don't see what the big deal is. That is exactly the point, there are however many people here, why let one get to you so much?

If they go further and try to cause problems, or decide it is ok to talk behind your back, then to me it is just an assurance that you would not want to associate with them.

If I blocked you, I would not want you to see what I say. I do agree with some of this. Blocking doesn't quite work as I would have expected.

@AxeElf Yes, I agree with that.

I do not see posts of people I’ve blocked, it was fixed a month ago. Ask @Admin for advice.

I still see posts of people I've blocked ALL THE TIME. I've even blocked them and re-blocked to "reset" it. I trust that, in time, it will get worked out.

AxeElf there are so extreme antitheist among us. I am agnostic, so it would take a lot for me to ignore anyone. The @admin are doing a good job, but they probably can't meet all expectations. Hang in there🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18640
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.