Agnostic.com

9 4

LOVE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A FOUR LETTER WORD

Or is it? I have been thinking about this word lately. Many many songs, poems, and articles are written on this word. This morning
I was awakened, by a unruly noise, and wondered what the hell! I got up in the cold house to see. My Mormon neighbor was running his snow blower and removing about 12" of snow that fell last night off my drive way which is long, and steep. My annoyed demeanor quickly changed to humble appreciation.

He knew that I have a bad back, and suffer for a day or two when I run the snow blower. He knows there is no chance I will ever convert. It was one of those love your neighbor moments.

How do you show your love to the people you know?

Leutrelle 7 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The word love is a translation of a feeling that is different for every person for every moment. You can love your neighbor, love your wife, love your children, love a good meal, love your car, love the rain after a dry period. Love the sun. Love, love, love, love. It's the word for a feeling of happiness that you think is worth the term "love". Just enjoy it, or better, love it.

Gert Level 7 Jan 27, 2018

Very well done🙂 It's to bad our language has only on word for love.

@Leutrelle Strange enough everybody understands it ……………… more or less.

On my backburner is a project to perform and record many poems before I die. One obvious sub category are the poems relating to madness. I quickly realised that many love poems fall within the category.
I will leave you with a link to a delightful poem written by WS Gilbert more than 100 years ago. You may not recognise it as a love poem nor a poem on madness, I believe that it is however. Please enjoy my performance when you "Listen to The Yarn of the Nancy Bell by WS Gilbert by GypsyJackBoggleShow" and as I receive very little comment (particularly on Soundcloud) please be gracious and say why you like or dislike either the poem and/ or my performance. Thank you.
🙂

[soundcloud.com]

Is that your voice? I love it. Is that a Scottish accent? I like the playful meter, and what little of the story I got. I will listen a few more times to see if I can understand the story, but I love your reading of it. I'll get back to you🙂

@Leutrelle thanks words here -
[bartleby.com]
No it is a mock Devon/ West Country accent. For scottish listen to "Cuddle Doon". For my native voice "the Battle of Hastings" for my current voice the intro to "Daddy Fell into the pond". For some reason Soundcloud seems to have added very heavy echo to the recordings which although spoiling copyright theft does ruin the presentation but perhaps it is my new phone's current playback setting.

"Love ain't nothing but a word". Although I don't answer your question directly, I'm reminded of some of the Daniel Dennett lectures I've been watching on the youtube. His stuff on Deepities is priceless.

I need to check that out. Thanks

I keep my word to my loved ones. I try to show my appreciation everytime that I see one of them and lastly, I try my best to be the best LOVER to that special lady and give her every amount of attention that she desires.

Good man🙂

It's a daily thing, and it depends. I call to check on the brittle diabetic next door. I drive a lady to a doctor's appointment when she needs it. I hug my daughter for no apparent reason. Little things mean a lot.

good neighbor

I like to think people know they can count on my word, of course I never say I can solve or help 100% with what they need but am always willing to learn and help where I can.

I started volunteering to help with my Aunt's dog rescue organization and am always the first one there, I move the tables and carry dog crates for the older rescue people(not sure where they fall some I think are employees and fosters...). Watched my other aunt's dogs for her because her own son would've kept them kenneled at his house for the entire week she was gone.

My mom is mentally disabled so even if I visit her daily she has a 50/50 chance of properly recalling that I was just there or called yesterday, otherwise she thinks it's been months but I still try to give her something memorable; recently on her birthday I went over and we hung out and she got to see one of her four legged grandbabies then two days latter I showed up at a brunch my uncle, her brother, and his wife took her to which surprised her and made her day.

My ex-wife took advantage of my loving charity to always put others before myself, I let the guy she left me for stay here because his wife kicked him out, I wasn't stupid I had suspicions but that's another story. But even that hasn't stopped my good nature, toward everyone else that is.

Gave a friend a blu-ray player I didn't need, was willing to give a lady I was dating a laptop I was using as a server but I think that might have freaked her out or something that I was so generous.

Even in MMORPGs if you're a friend or sometimes a random that I see friend potential in I give away gear and materials, show them the ropes, help them level and whatever I can. I hate to say I can't when I can't, so for example if I was your neighbor and my snow blower crapped out I would have instant high anxiety that I wasn't able to help you.

If I consider you family (family don't end with blood) then I'd even take a bullet for you if it came to it, unless you provoked the shooter in which case family ends with stupidity.

You are good people. If your snow blower broke then you could use mine. Don't worry about the bullet, I am much older I take it for you.

ok what is MMORPGS

@btroje , Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, ex: World of Warcraft(but there are others)

@DreadlySmart thaks for enlightening this old one

When you practice what you preach becomes 2nd nature to the point it is part of you... no different than a racist that is racist all the time. Those around me know I don't use the word hate for example, no longer part of me, not even to address a dislike in a taste or smell of certain food. Or a despised worthless son of a bitch in office... still not hated by me... because hate is poison. I don't hate church, religion or the god concept. Those you love... You call and worry for their well being. What can you do to make their lives better. How you can do that? Will it work. If they ask me for money I don't go about 30 minutes playing the game of blame or whatever to make them beg for it. To say yes... Nah, I don't humiliate those I love or talk negative about others I should but don't. You have to make Love your behavior and not your afterthought. Not easy and you may even don't get rewarded but I don't love for the reward. I try to make it part of who I am. Even when I am mad and have to make a decision at that moment I ask myself the question... If I were not mad, what would I do?

Great words to live by.

@Leutrelle Thank You even when we need to reinvent ourselves on a daily basis. Love is like nothing else on earth. So I try to check myself on a daily basis.

I like to tell them and hug them. One of the people I'm the closest to I never forget to say how much I love him (my cousin). My favorite scene in The Matrix is when Neo is talking to the little girl and the father says he loves her and Neo says You Believe In Love? and the man says love is just a word but it implies a connection........ And when I heard that I thought were all connected sometimes we just don't know it. I hate it when people see the differences like race or beliefs and how they think that separates them. I think I love people on this site ,there's a connection!

Yea that part of my point. Belief hasn't keep us from being neighborly🙂

I try to tune into their frequency, but my default mode is doing stuff. Like shoveling snow.

Well I think you probably earned that right.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18748
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.