Agnostic.com

4 2

Telling a lie is certainly destructive. Are there harmless lies or white lies or true lies?

SonnyMlaPH 7 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, not all guys have the good sense of humor to skillfully lie their way out of a situation in a hilarious manner that will not offend the other person. It's a hard life to be stiff, rigid and regimented in this world.

It doesn't serve any useful purpose to walk into someone's home and tell them that their furniture is ugly. A tactful lie (alternative fact-LOL) preserves the friendship and spares bad feelings. But lies from a potential mate are a deal breaker for me. People want to build themselves up in the eyes of a potential mate sometimes and they lie about who they are. They are afraid that certain things in their lives may be deal breakers. You have to take that chance because the truth will come out eventually. Too many people think that they will impress someone with lies, instead of allowing another person to fall in love with them for their virtues.

Amen.

A TACTFUL LIE, ooooooohhh wow! well, I'm a Filipino born and raised here in Manila . . . if only you could see how my nose bleeds each time I reply or make a post! LOL

I wasn't lied to outright when I was converted to Christianity, but later I realized that I wasn't getting the whole picture - my Christian friends were telling me the things that were most likely to get me to convert, and glossing over the rest. I wish I was better informed. In their view, they (or the holy spirit) were manipulating me for the sake of "truth," so I guess that could be seen as a "true lie."

Ha-ha-ha! you can't be more literal than that - religion, being a lie itself, rammed down your throat as truth - a lie twice over, LOL !

For me the truth and absolut-ly true is the clear spirit that I hold in my hand, poured over a clear glass on the rocks. Let's drink to that - salud!

There are harmless lies such as those told to protect someone else's feelings, to releave fear, or protect them from harm the reason for lying sometimes matters more than the lie itself. True lies to me are the ommission of the whole story or a partial truth usually these are to protect the liar's ass.

I agree with you to the max!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1877
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.