Agnostic.com

2 0

QUESTION Bible Verses I Wish I'd Known About While I Was Christian.

"Captain Cassidy":- What I want to do is present the following verses and stories in the context of what I would have made of them when I was a true-blue Christian. These are some of the Bible verses and stories that I personally wish I’d seen while I was involved in the religion myself–but didn’t. The list is presented with that unique kind of clarity that only hindsight can provide.

A God Who Loves Abortion Potions.
A God Who Loves the Slaughter of Fetuses, Babies, Children, and Women.
A God Who Loves Rape.
A God Who Issued A Curse to End All Curses.
The Real Problem Here.
Dougy 7 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Refrain from kissing an Asses hind quarter without first beseeching thyne lords blessings bestowed upon thyne breath.

The God of the Bible doesn’t give a wet slap about abortion, fetuses, children, women, or families. He does not care about this nebulous culture of life nonsense, either.
That said: Do you know what he really hates?
Personal agency. Bodily ownership. Self-sovereignty.
CONSENT.
Always, most of all, forever, the right of consent over one’s own body’s use. Bodily ownership is these women’s ultimate sin, and that’s why these culture warriors concentrate on making the penalties for abortion as dizzyingly high and as obscenely-punitive as possible.
A big part of effectively lowering abortion rates involves getting out of the way of women’s personal decisions, which is exactly why these culture warriors can’t ever make that their goal. No, the real goal for culture warriors is owning women’s bodies again. And the Bible is right on board with them there.

Dougy Level 7 Jan 27, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18812
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.