Agnostic.com

1 1

QUESTION Televangelist Who Once Said PTSD Isn’t Real Will Speak at Military Prayer Event – Friendly Atheist

The Man is a Walking Mental Health Hazard !

“Any of you suffering from PTSD right now, you listen to me,” Copeland said as [pseudo-historian David] Barton affirmed him. “You get rid of that right now. You don’t take drugs to get rid of it. It doesn’t take psychology. That promise right there will get rid of it.”

Dougy 7 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In essence, Copeland ignored the reality and seriousness of PTSD — and now he’s been invited to speak to actual Christian soldiers. (Will any of them ask him about his comments?)
The Military Religious Freedom Foundation’s Mikey Weinstein has sent a letter to Major General John P. “Pete” Johnson urging him to rescind Copeland’s invitation:
this great homage and special invitation proffered by your command staff to honor a miserable, fundamentalist Christian wretch like Copeland as the special “guest speaker’ at Fort Jackson’s NPB is TOTALLY antithetical to the United States Army’s vaunted “7 Core Values” of loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity and personal courage. Indeed, General, the SHOCKING selection of such a divisive and corrosive individual/religious predator and bully to be the main speaking attraction at your NPB at Fort Jackson is nothing less than a terminal and swift cancer to the bedrock good order, morale, discipline and unit cohesion of your command atIn essence, Copeland ignored the reality and seriousness of PTSD — and now he’s been invited to speak to actual Christian soldiers. (Will any of them ask him about his comments?)

Dougy Level 7 Jan 27, 2018

Could not agree more! Disgraceful, shameful, in every way a slap in the face! I was a battered wife, so i know something about this condition....still have my flinch reaction after 45+ years. If there actually was a Gawd, he/she/it would hurl some lightening bolts!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.