Agnostic.com

5 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have the autumn night as guest.

This really spoke to me. I have struggled with loneliness and rejection since my divorce. But I have 2 kids and had to "be strong" for them. So I put on the happy face and soldier on.

MarcT Level 7 Sep 28, 2018

Yes,your kids are using your responses perhaps to guide them when becoming Adults, and enter into relationships.

Makes life a lost less dramatic.

I'm not so sure her depression is over a relationship. Perhaps it's clinical.
I've been fighting depression for years, with no definite reason

@Nichole765 SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder) is one form of depression,due to low levels of Sunlight,Light therapy seems to mitigate this, with daily exposure to intense specialized lights.

I wish I knew the answer because I can't see how we can go back in time to recreate the type of society that gave a sense of belonging in the community. I can even remember when shy people had their place in communities. But we new a new way of integrating lonely people back into society.

Could I be completely wrong about a more inclusive world in the past? Perhaps removing non-contributing people from society is a feature of evolution. Perhaps elderly people fall easily into a non-contributing category but could the same be said for younger people? How does a women like the one in the video become lonely?

I would say you are wrong in general. Perhaps in certain communities, within their own community, they were inclusive, but as a whole, nope.

Or wandering around at 3am playing Pokemon..

Angus Level 5 Sep 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:189148
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.