Agnostic.com

2 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think we are all affected to a greater or a lessor extent by the difference between cyclic and linear forms of time. Each of us spend their day some way, doing many of the same things we always do. If a person's life were centered around cyclic time I think they would be much more concerned about maintenance, waiting for it, saving, and the linear time person more worried about losing or wasting time perhaps be more imperative about setting goals

cava Level 7 Sep 29, 2018

Great article. I was a little disappointed in its fixed scope (I thought/hoped it would more address the problems associated with the limitations in question and the effects of rectifying them, desired outcomes, etc.), but a thoroughly satisfying read nonetheless.

This issue is emblematic of something that used to get me into trouble in the past (before I learned to keep my mouth shut): I would encounter something like this, and would blurt out something incredulous like, "Well, of course it's a lousy idea to limit your perspective--in any domain! Why is this news? Why is this just now being reconceptualized and rectified? Who in their right mind ever thought it was a good idea to ignore input from other quarters? That's just asinine!" ...And there would be much embarrassed mumbling, and stammered non-responses, and perhaps some blushing...and I would either be persona non grata, or vaguely terrifying, from that moment on...

Yes. Reading this helped me realize how we get locked into one viewpoint, excluding other ones. Personally, thanks to my father, I was exposed to other philosophies early on, so I didn't realize how many other people weren't. By the way, I haven't seen you on here in a while. Glad you're back!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:189173
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.