Agnostic.com

3 0

Anthropology ...

Man evolved through millions of years to become what we see now, I want asked about that point, which transferred a very great shift, from (animal) , to (human) ...The point that I talking about is the difference that we see today, between human and animals, it is an abstract, you do not see that the nature is not based on that, (Abstract), Where it came from?

belfo 6 Sep 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you are asking what makes humans different from animals, Aristotle gave us the answer in his definition of man as the rational animal. Rationality, which is the power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgments by the process of logic, sets us apart from animals. If you are asking for a scientific explanation, our minds evolved by natural selection - our ancestors with the greatest minds survived.

The mind may indeed evolve from natural selection, but I ask about the abstract from where it came from and is not originally exist in nature

@belfodil What do you mean by "abstract?"

@sfvpool Humanities

I'm guessing that English is not your first language, but my understanding is that you cannot see why humans developed as a social animal with empathy for each other.

Nature is absolutely based on that. There are lots of social species out there that share living space, care for each other and have a shared 'goal' - probably not the best word, but as a survival instinct, working together and caring for each other is essential.

The only difference I see between us and other animals is that our complex language and a brain that managed to develop an understanding of abstract ideas which became written language. There are other animals which farm their own food, others with simple langauge.

In the grand scheme of things, we are not that different to anything else on the planet - except for the greed of wanting far more than we actually need.

You are right, it 's not my first language, for what i said, I mean something very important, in the human being ... regardless of the complex brain or language, I mean, Specifically (abstract). (Forgiveness feelings, guilt feelings, compassion feelings) ,... this big jump, from animal to human .. What matters me is the very fine line between them, If you look at the nature around, it based only on the material

@belfodil OK, so in that case you are wrong. Other nature is not just based on material. Many species have empathy and emotions. Many species are social species and work cooperatively for the best of the group. It is a remarkable arrogant theist perspetive that classes us as superior and above other animal species on the planet.

@Uncorrugated look, animals may have something of sympathy, This sympathy is an abstract, and nature baised on material, .. This is what I mean .. In the human being, is a big thing that distinguishes him, and makes him in highest degree, for example ( guilt feeling, forgiveness feeling, marcy feeling ...) . it is Not exist in the nature. Only we can feel it

@belfodil Empathy does exist in nature and animals do have feelings. There are a number of studies around this topic and it is only the arrogance of the human species believing that we are "The Chosen Ones" that has prevented us from realising this earlier.

Easily readable extract here:- [telegraph.co.uk]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:189811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.