Agnostic.com

3 2

How much do you pay attention to your local representatives? State reps (or the equivalent in other contries), city officials, school boards? Given my sense of despair over the US national situation, I have begun to think that maybe I might feel better if I worked to make more of a difference where I live. What do you think?

chicagojcb 7 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I helped (in a very small way) completely turn over the local township high school board, across two election cycles. The kids deserve better and though I have no children of my own I care about all children. Of course, the replacement was only the beginning of a long, hard, slog. You don't turn schools around overnight.

I have been a member of a number of (opposed) political parties, it gave me access to our representatives and input into decisions via them. I have no faith in our political system though.

Go for it if you can put up with the a-holes..
We need more people like you to get involved..
It's a dirty business even on the local level..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19046
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.