Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK How conservative Christians are responding to the Kavanaugh allegations.

FTA: To say that Christian conservatives supported the Kavanaugh nomination does not go far enough in capturing their enthusiasm. It wasn’t just that Kavanaugh was a solid pick—reliably conservative, with a record of skepticism on Roe v. Wade—but that the nomination was a kind of payoff. “It is, of course, the reason why so many evangelicals supported Trump in the presidential election,” Karen Swallow Prior, an English professor at Liberty University, told NPR in early September. Prior did not vote for Trump, but she signed the letter of support for Kavanaugh. “We believe that he will interpret the Constitution more faithfully than activist judges in the past,” she told NPR. “And so yes, that does give us some confidence that he would uphold the dignity of human life—of all human life.”

zblaze 7 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was going to give a long speech on how I feel about these bullies but instead I will just say fuckem, fuck all of them and I hope they all get to experience their version of hell as they believe it.

Conservatives cannot claim any monopoly on morality and ethics (gross understatement in the least).

They want to save lives by banning abortion, but refuse to care of the child once its born. They continually cut programs to support birth control which has been proven to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies (conservatives hate facts and verifiable statistics, prefer ungounded anecdotes). They continue to cut programs that would support the unwanted children they want to bring into the world.

Christian conservatives would rather ignore the actions and behaviors of a predator like Kavanaugh in order to achieve the above goals. You say the accusations are uncorroborated. Kavanaugh is a prime example of white privilege. He is the poster child for a culture of white lack of empathy towards anybody who doesn't fit into his privileged society. No wonder Christian conservatives are fighting so hard for his nomination.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:190590
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.