Agnostic.com

1 0

Agnostos Theos - the original agnostics? Acts 17:23

Were they defined the same then as they are today or defined differently?

atheist 8 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This passage is meant to ridicule a particular unnamed sect. I am not confident that It is addressing the gnostics, though some scholars belive it could be. The passage is simply to ambiguous.
There is much to be said for the fact that the gnostics may have been the original Christians. The gnostic sects were mystery religions, just as modern orthodoxy is today. There were Jewish gnostic sects before Christianiy was ever though of. Most of thwritings have been destroyed and they were so insignificant they were not often written about. The parables are an excellent example of gnostic thinking, they are very clearly speaking of hidden knowlage.I hope I have given a desent answer.

@atheist Vey nice, a thinker, i am impressed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19076
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.