Agnostic.com

5 1

Part of previous post

Is homosexuality found in animals?

belfo 6 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. Lots of them.

Google it ffs

Yes it is common in the animal kingdom. Primates exhibit sexual behavior between same gender. It is nature's way.

EMC2 Level 8 Oct 2, 2018

Yes, just a couple of days ago there was an item on a wildlife programme on TV where a pair of homosexual penguins stole an egg from a penguin couple and a fight ensued. It was fascinating. I believe there is other evidence of other species engaging in homosexual behaviour.

Acts of homosexuality absolutely. Certain animals, some insects and other lower species have males that will act as females to get treats.

We had two love birds. I forget their real names, as we called them blood and vicious. Love birds will pick a single mate to stay loyal to. Those two, both females, bonded. If we had introduced a male into their cage they would have literally taken his head off. Love birds are not nice and lovey to others, only to one other love bird.

.. But do they have a sexual relationship?

@belfodil not my birds. And I have read about animals having sex with same sex animals. In higher animals, it is usually seen as an act of dominance- why you shouldn't let a smaller unneutered male cat roam at night outdoors. One of the reasons.
Aside from bonobos, who use sex in all ways - m/f; m/m; f/f - I don't know if lower species seem to enjoy sex. And even bonobos, who do seem to enjoy sex, often have sex to diffuse situations.
So, I have just added two questions for which I have no answer: is sex needed to have a homosexual relationship; and what animals enjoy having sex.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:191693
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.