Agnostic.com

4 1

Is distance an issue when finding a mate?

Knowing I have an established business that I cannot move, i tend to look for local women. Am I being short sighted?

MichaelSpinler 8 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It can be especially as one ages and gets more settled in a specific location (family, friends, homes etc.) . I live on an island (only reachable by ferry or plane) and almost everyone has a particular view of island living. Some find it a romantic notion others feel they are cut off from society. Every island is different especially here in W. Washington, the island capital of the nation (Seattle alone has 4). My island is 30 sq. mi. and has more community activism than anywhere else in the state (and that is provable). Try selling that to a potential mate! Unless it is experienced it won't fly. My late wife lived in Texas and I in Seattle. Luckily she was flexible and was willing to move which she never regretted. I had to return that move by moving here per her wishes. Again, I have never regretted that move especially when I witness the the recent economic growth mess that is affecting this once remarkable city. Again, yes.

It can be an issue, particularly when it comes to finances and families. I met my wife on the internet back in 2002. She lived in Ottawa, I lived in Jacksonville, Florida. 15 years later we're still together with a lot of mileage, money spent and family drama, but it was worth it I think.

Love yes, sex definitely, weekend companion maybe, but a mate, not a chance. I have never seen one work for any length of time; one or both people have to be willing to move to be close to actually have a real relationship.

Well, some women are willing to relocate for the right guy. I'm similarly immobile. So in your shoes I'd continue to keep an eye out for local women, but scan the horizon 2-3 hours drive out. You never know, you could find the right woman in the longer range who is willing to come to you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1921
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.