Agnostic.com

2 1

Hmmm.... I never thought I’d ever agree with a dude like this but shit.... he’s right on the money. In my 36 years of life, 10 relationships and 3 summer flings, I’ve only truly approached 1 girl, and that was in high school.
Seems the standard setting is to sympathize with how women have it hard with dating and love, and most if not all dating sites cater to women (Tinders “manprovement” campaign). But no one gives a second thought about how men have probably worst of difficulty.

[facebook.com]

Redlegdex 5 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think online dating is rough in general. It'd be too easy for me to say girls have it pretty rough on the dating sites, even if they are free for us, but men have to pay. (Not really fair there.) The minute some of us log on to these places, we're getting hit with messages from men 20 times in under a minute. And more than half of the conversations start with "will you sit on my face" or something else sexual if they make past me responding to "Hey". Nice guys get overlooked.
Men have it pretty rough knowing which girls are ok to approach. I've been catfished before, so I know the struggle behind that. I now have a few funny stories to tell on the bright side. But I've heard guys complain that the girl was "too pretty" so he wasn't sure if he should approach her. Her pictures were "too good" so he assumed she was fake. Or she's a tease. She's looking for money/ a sugar daddy. She leads him on instead of saying she's not interested.

Ember Level 4 Dec 18, 2017

I won’t say that guys who say shit like that are right in doing so. I thought about it for a while and figured the only time I think I may even think about that, is when I have been rejected over and over and at that point I just don’t gaf anymore and would so stupid shot like that. I highly doubt any sane man might even think that crap works. But maybe they’re like “fuck it, I’m just gonna troll and see what happens.” Such is life. So after my post I made an account just to see if things have changed at all on online sites. This far, out of 248 messages, only one woman replied, who was nice enough to say she wasn’t interested. Lol, so much winning

Getting the link to work involved deleting the extra spaces, so I'm posting the link here again. He made me laugh. I think he's at least partly right. But the situation isn't quite as dire as he presents. I'm neither a player nor a creep, but I find my moments to approach. Then again, the women I approach are women I've had at least a bit of interaction with already. I guess what he means, perhaps, is the dating equivalent of the "cold call." That's true - I don't often do that in person. But is that what we're expecting of each other?

Dang!!! Even when I repost, even when putting it in "Add Source", the site inserts extra spaces.

Source:
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1933
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.