Agnostic.com

8 1

Do you think sometime in the next 50 years or so, A.I. will be running the world?

We already have some transformer cars, sex robots, robots, smart cars, smart shuttles, (In China or Japan) smart phones, and a whole lot more running the world. With the way technology is advancing every day, do you think robots and computers will run the world? With the microchips coming out as well in the workforce, will there be enough room for humans to live on Earth? Or will we be moving to another planet? What is your opinion on this topic?

Sarahroo29 8 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Didn't he just get elected??

Not at all..

That would be fascinating. I hope to see that in my time.

I think it would be capable, however itll be stopped by people trying to keep power and profit. Its incredible the technology we have already, but its still reserved for the upper classes, so I don't see that changing that fast.

Nope. Be on the watch for artificial instinct when humans give machines feedback -- senses. That is step one of the revolution. The final step is giving AI the means to find purpose, but that will only happen by accident or stupidity.

Expect cyborgs before that, but we'll be dead then.

Robots and AIs are almost certainly about to usher in a period of history as disruptive as the industrial revolution in the early 19th century. Add that to the fact that global wealth has also reached unheard of levels of disparity, IE a tiny number of people pretty much own the world now, and you have a situation where anything can happen. My prediction, no one today has a clue what the world of 50 years from now will be like, but it will almost certainly be nothing like today. Great movie about an AI trying to take over the world btw: [123hulu.com]

I was a big fan of Person of Interest, so ... maybe.

Most likely the world in 50 years time will be a more poverty stricken world with only the more richer countries having AI technology running things a lot more than now. There will be mass starvation and brutal wars fought over land and water ect .This global conflict will also embolden militant Islam to create havoc more than it does now. And this whole idea of humans moving to other planets , no doubt we're thinking Mars here, is not going to happen. Outer space is extremely hostile to human life. We're earth bound indefinitely here on this terrestrial orb.

Only until the Earth will cease to exist, due to climate change.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19358
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.