Agnostic.com

2 1

QUESTION Social scientist: Trump’s lies are no doubt rampant, but the types of lies break human norms

“In research beginning in the mid-1990s, when I was a professor at the University of Virginia, my colleagues and I asked 77 college students and 70 people from the nearby community to keep diaries of all the lies they told every day for a week. They handed them in to us with no names attached. We calculated participants’ rates of lying and categorized each lie as either self-serving (told to advantage the liar or protect the liar from embarrassment, blame or other undesired outcomes) or kind (told to advantage, flatter or protect someone else).”

Dougy 7 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He cares not who he hurts or embarrasses, or even destroys........plus, claims to be Christian.

I'm glad to hear that he doesn't claim to be one of us !

“An astonishing 50 percent of Trump’s lies were hurtful or disparaging. For example, he proclaimed that John Brennan, James Clapper and James Comey, all career intelligence or law enforcement officials, were ‘political hacks.’ He said that ‘the Sloppy Michael Moore Show on Broadway was a TOTAL BOMB and was forced to close.’ Talking about green card applicants, he insisted that other ‘countries, they don’t put their finest in the lottery system. They put people probably in many cases that they don’t want.’ And he claimed that ‘Ralph Northam, who is running for Governor of Virginia, is fighting for the violent MS-13 killer gangs & sanctuary cities.’”

Dougy Level 7 Jan 29, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19443
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.