Agnostic.com

5 1

Love ... relationships ... family

What do you think, marital infidelity ...... OR ...... polygamy?

belfo 6 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been very happy in my marriage for 59 years and when we married they gave us 6 months at best. Marriage requires trust , compassion and compromise and love.

good and pure love for your beautiful family

@belfodil Thank you.

Either way, I think honesty and good communication are necessary in order to make either one work.

I tend to judge moral issues by going back to cave-dwelling times and asking what habits were developed to ensure the success of a tribe. I think successful habits were later converted to morals and linked to approval by the gods and then a ticket to heaven.
We don't have to go far back in history to see polygamy justified as a way to help a tribe survive.
It would be interesting to know if our modern societies could survive the total breakdown of the old habits.

It sounds like your asking is it ok to have a kitchen pass. I would personally say no but every relationship and situation is different. There is no concrete answer.

thank you

These are two completely different topics. It's weird to put them in the same questions.

1. Cheating is wrong. People are too quick to cheat instead of fixing issues or dealing with their own immaturity. If you want to cheat, break up/get a divorce. There is never a valid excuse for cheating.
  2. Polygamy is generally based on the oppression of women -- e.g. Mormon cults and Islamic cultures where women are only used for breeding, maid service, and kitchen laborers. I have never seen a polygamous relationship where the women weren't oppressed....but, if it were possible and they were ALL consenting adults and not the child brides that Mormons and Muslims exploit and abuse, then I would have to rethink my current aversion to the idea.

I mean the satisfied adult woman, I am not talking about coercion .. The two are different topics .. I meant that .. Because marital infidelity is a reality that we live .. Is it possible for polygamy to prevent or....... at least reduce it?

@belfodil So you want to use polygamy as a preventative for marital infidelity? NO. Adults are able to control their urges. Furthermore, masturbation is a better option. It's about time men stop viewing women only as vessels for sex. Women really need to stop dating and marrying immature assholes.

@SkotlandSkye There seems to be a massive assumption from the way you worded your replies that it is the male that strays and that sex is something that is 'done' to women.

yes, there are some patriarchal cultures where women are subjugated, but there are also many where they are not . I suspect you are differentiating between polyamy and open relationships.

@SkotlandSkye I do not say that, it stops or not ... But I say polygamy is a perfect choice or not?

@SkotlandSkye, @Uncorrugated Open relationships but in limited places perhaps ..I just ask if it is a relatively good solution

@belfodil Population is growing to fast now to have a stud producing children with multiple women.;

@Uncorrugated I am. I have no issue with polyamory. When females have the right to multiple partners it keeps the playing field even. When it's just one man and many wives, it's a problem. I absolutely detest women who willingly accept those situations. I am glad to see shows like "Escaping Polygamy" on TV. That bullshit has to stop.

@belfodil If someone needs multiple partners to keep from cheating...what they really need is to GROW THE FUCK UP.

@SkotlandSkye I agree entirely - belfodil has English as a second langage (is keen to improve and get better) but occasionally his posts are a little ambiguous and sometimes need a little more clarification than others. I also respect his bravery for being an atheist in Algeria.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:194748
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.