Agnostic.com

4 0

Attention Musicians

I am a lyricist..and poet..I have so many ideas for songs..it's frustrating..
My question is what does one do to make songs a reality if you don't read music ?

Ravenwolfcasey 7 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can sell lyrics here. I write my own so I don't need any.

[songbay.co]

If you play an instrument, you use that to build songs. I read music, but it's been so long that I might as well not be able to (I took guitar lessons from the age of 8 to 12). I don't use charts or written music, and I've been writing songs for years.

I produce music and come up with a beat by hearing the person's voice

Qiru Level 6 Oct 6, 2018

Talking about the music or the lyrics?

?? Meaning

@Ravenwolfcasey Music = instruments. Lyrics = vocals. I have very different tactics for both.

@TheGreatShadow I can write lyrics and sing the way I think the song should sound..but can't put it down on paper with cords due to not knowing how to play an instrument or read music

@Ravenwolfcasey With lyrics I usually wake up in the middle of the night. I write down a thought. Build from that. With music, I usually just mess around with my guitar. Don't know what instrument you are trying to write for. I used to be able to read sheet music for pianio when I was young. Tabs are easy to read. Bass and guitar are the opposite tho. Here's a good example. Jeff was just messing around with his guitar one day. Dave said it was good. It became this song.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:195110
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.