Agnostic.com

6 5

Isn’t it weird how from the moment you stop caring so much about a certain result, it starts to happen?

I’ve noticed that plenty of times. You can care deeply about something, but the moment you stop caring as much things just starts happening.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes exactly true

It s not wierd at all. It s a bit like the law of attraction,you will on the whole attract the life you expect.It is positive feedback.

This is a negative way of looking at the same thing. If you want something in life you can envisage it and imagine it happening which is in itself a very powerful tool in actually achieving that goal. The reason being is that by doing this it can be enough to set things in motion to make it happen.
You may not spend all waking hours thinking about it but its there in the background and when an opportunity arises you must be ready to take it.
However if you spend all your effort and focus on one thing and obsess over it you will miss opportunities for other goals....as we seldom have just the one.

So obsessing about one thing will stop you achieving other goals. Being a more relaxed person overall, will actually help you get to where you want to be,but you must make your personal goals first. If you do not know what you seek you will never get there.

so, you're saying I should stop wishing for unexpected pizza deliveries?

I gave up god in the 60's... jesus not showed up yet. So...

Examples Emerald...i can't think of anything.

Idk. It’s really hard to exsplain. Sometime you can work really hard for something, but when you least expect something to happen, sometime things will just start happening.

@EmeraldJewel. Ok.... I hear you...

Not sure that works. I'm single and my friends keep saying "Ahh, you're a great guy so just don't try too hard and a great girl will come along" ... and I know that doesn't work because I didn't try all through my 20s and 30s and didn't have a girlfriend then either LOL I should add that I haven't always been single and then it was only when I actually got out and asked girls out.

I don’t know if it always works, either, but I’ve noticed that happening sometimes.

@SweetHarp - that's great to hear - let's take that to Messenger 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19701
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.