Agnostic.com

12 0

Best place to live?

Where in the United States is there a City that is non christian or is more tolerant to atheist? Want to way out all options before moving to Anchorage, Alaska.

ZoeZzonbie 5 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gainesville, Florida is surrounded by bible thumping Southerners, but is an absolute haven for exceptional humanist intellectuals. If I had all the money in the world to live anywhere I wanted on this Planet, it would be right here. I love our peaceful, friendly, culture of a great mix of good people. It just might be the perfect place for you, if you don't have to look for a job, because even the minimum wage jobs are taken by PhD students at University of Florida. We have great weather and great outdoor life of our natural springs and lakes.

Good Luck with your search, I hope you find your happiness.

She's out there somewhere.

Vermont is number #1 New Hampshire #2

You shouldn't move to Alaska if the reason is because you are trying to find a non-christian place. Not because it is more or less christian, but because of the lifestyle. You should be really into outdoorsy stuff if you want to live there. And strongly independent. I suggest you check out Portland.

Thx

I am looking forward to a Nomadic lifestyle or just offgrid, but close enough to society to visit at will.

Canada, Denmark, Sweden, etc. You can escape dumb ass in those, don't no where you can get away from it is the US or even if you can.

Wherever you fully happy, ideally loved and happy but happy will do for me as a start. As for places with no religious ethos I doubt they will be many but the religious freaks and their places of lies are easy enough to avoid, if looking to move see what churches are poss near by them move somewhere away from them .....

I think that is an individual preference. For instance I'd hate living in the desert, but others think it is fantastic.

I lived most of my life in Los Angeles, and I liked it because it was familiar and what I knew. But as time went on it got more and more crowded, and I became aware that if hey didn't pump all the water in, it would be a desert there. Also, climate change meant less water to pump in due to changing weather patterns, so I moved to the Portland (OR) area,and quickly fell in love with the area. I eventually got priced otu of my apartment and moved to my sister's house where I am mow.

If I were not partially blind and dependent on public transit to get around, I think I'd prefer to live in the middle of a forest, yet not too terribly far from civilization. There is a gap between what I desire and what is actually practical.

Anyway, living in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. or Canada to me is probably about as perfect a place to live as I migh tfind.

Austin, TX has a lot of secular support groups and activities.

Well, best is relative. If you're super rich I would say Malibu CA.

Where you find happiness!

mzee Level 7 Oct 22, 2017

Las Vegas would have to be the most "sinful" city and therefore least religious city in the US, but I can immagine that Anchorage in Alaska would be way more attractive in terms of tranquility.

Yeah I am looking for a more slowed down to earth place to call home. The fast life doesn't intrigue me much. Still a good vocation spot though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.