Agnostic.com

6 0

Did science help you realize there is no god?

wolfrayette 2 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It taught me principles evaluative thinking, which includes the idea of "well, how do you define what constitutes a God?". My current conclusion, subject to future or reevaluated evidence otherwise, is if there were/is a creator being, it's of no consequence, so it's irrelevant. It isn't a 'yes or no' question. Strictly speaking then, science didn't teach me there is no God. But I concluded inasmuch.

Yes, teaches logical thought.

Yes! The art of questioning is what led me to realize that religion is mythology.

Yes..in high school biology..

Yes, Fred Hoyle's The Nature of the Universe, which I read in the 1950s, was a strong influence.

Yes. Sort of. Although once into my late teens I developed good critical thinking owing to reading certain books. I also had a rebellious attitude in that I didn't like to be told how to , well I suppose , think.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19803
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.