Agnostic.com

8 2

If god himself was not able to render human nature sinless what right had he to punish men for not being sinless????

#FakegoalsOFmakegod

#god
Johnvincent123 3 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely none.

SamL Level 7 Oct 22, 2017

One must ask the questions: how could a perfect being create anything that was not also perfect? And, why would a perfect being have the need, or desire to do anything? It would be self content. Need and desire are human emotions. So, the whole idea of a god wanting to create little beings to love it makes no sense. Originally, of course, the Jewish god,YHWH, only wanted people to fear it and worship it in the correct manner--or else! That this god loves its creation came later; ironically, it evolved over time.

That which God does is good by definition, so he has every right to be as sadistic as he chooses. Interestingly, this means sadism is good.

No cat has 8 tails. Every cat has one more tail than no cat. Therefore every cat has 9 tails.
This is a trick in semantics. "no cat" and "no cat" have different meanings. "God" has many different meanings. The Christian meaning is most commonly used for reference because it is so prevalent in the western civilizations. So, my point is that "God" didn't do anything because there is no "God". If the Christian "God" existed, as you imply in your question, it would be an amalgamate of oral tradition and myth handed down by people without written language and incorporated into paternal societies that needed rules by which to live. Then it was debated on by religious leaders of multiple societies until an agreement was arrived at that all could accept and pass down to the illiterate masses that craved answers to the unknown. But the logic in the question you ask is sensible and illustrates your unwillingness to be led by the nose by manipulative individuals posing as religious leaders. Keep asking these questions until you no longer feel the need. Then move on to the next phase of your independence.

If jebus died for all of our sins, why is there still sin?

He really didn't die anyway according to their book, he just had a bad weekend.

If god were real, he's a monster for sending people to burn for eternity.

Q. If god himself was not able to render human nature sinless what right had he to punish men for not being sinless????

A. None. The argument often presented against this is that God gave us free will to do as we please but that makes no sense at all. If there's a right thing to do at any given juncture we'd want to do it if it's really the right thing yeah? Apparently not. Apparently we want to do wrong things but if there's a God who dictates what's right & wrong our desire to do wrong things is always in error but we simply cannot see what it is. - Well then why did God make us unable to really see what is actually right then? I don't want free will if it's the freedom to be wrong. Everything I consciously do is as I see fit & if I'm mistaken if simply because of my flaws. Had God made me without flaws I would be awesome but he seems to have wanted a being incapable of being awesome! Why?

Also isn't everything that exists down to God because he created everything? If that's the case (& it has to be if there really is a God) all sin all flaws all errors of judgement are ultimately down to God's short comings as a creator.

Paul Level 5 Oct 22, 2017

I always wondered why God made me Atheist!?!

mzee Level 7 Oct 22, 2017

God inflicted the sin on us, so he has no right to judge us unless he is a complete psychopath.

Complete psychopath seems accurate.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1983
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.