Agnostic.com

5 0

How to respond to people who say these are the end of days?

A religious person says that these are the 'last days', and you need to start believing, or you or someone you love may not be saved during one of these natural disasters, your response would be...

GoodMan 7 Sep 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I tell them that they're technically right as our current understanding of cosmology has show that the universe will one day run out of energy and collapse upon it's self in around 10.5 billion years

Good answer, but are adult zombies trapped in a 3rd graders' comprehension level' stimulated by logic, sarcasm, or (your noun)...(generally speaking)?

somebody said an atom could last up to 55 billion years, hhhhmmmmmm . . .

see you where right that i was wrong scientist predict it to be 5.5 billion years

[news.nationalgeographic.com]

SonnyMlaPH: Understood, atoms have a lifespan of billions of years. So whether it's 55 billion or 10 to the 25th power (exponent), effective communication to some is "low comprehension" logic. That's what I mean by adult zombies trapped in a "3rd graders" comprehension level.

There is no way to respond that kind of people, their minds speak the other language..

in the Bible, in every dispensation, there's always the end of days scenario like the Flood and Noah's Ark.

There's this prophecy in the New Testament regarding the end of days and the second coming of Christ when war will be fought in three dimensions. Well, the war really happened in 1914. The First World War was the first war among nations fought in land, air and sea.

But the Christ never came. If He ever did they'll say He came and dwelt in our hearts, we were born again - oh, come on! What came about were literally thousands of different "born again" groups, that mushroomed all over the world, specially here in the Philippines, spin-offs of discontended church members who realized that a religious group well managed and well organized is very good and profitable business.

These are the end of days and you gotta start believing? hhhmmmmmm . . . why did God give us free will anyway, punish us when we make mistakes knowing well that we're only human, why did He ever create us and leave us fighting and killing each other in His name. - we didn't ask to be born in a dangerous world where evil is triumphant because good men do nothing - hhhhmmmmppph!

I posted this on my Facebook page the other day

"If any of my Facebook friends believe that earth is going to be destroyed on the 23rd of September because of biblical prophecy, please unfriend me right now. You're not going to like the comments I make on the 24th!"

Well, I like this, and I'm pretty sure that I'd also like the comments on the 24th. Thanks.

It's the 22nd of September here in Manila, holy s t - it's the "eve of destruction!" . . . could you please post your comments for the 24th NOW?

Nope. Patience my friend.

. . . so, what happened bro?

Well, this isn't very satisfying, but I say, oh well I better get busy sinning, I don't want to piss off the boss. And then I walk away feeling pity for the person who's been emptied of all reason.

Going down the rabbit hole with these people is a complete waste of time and only serves to strengthen their convictions.

That's a good one, and I find it very satisfying. I may use it if pushed, but I also agree with you, "Going down the rabbit hole...." Thanks.

ha-ha-ha! I like that one, "I better get sinning."

I'm trying to recall who was that female member of this Community who posted "IF YOU DON'T SIN JESUS DIED FOR NOTHING!"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:201
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.