Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK The Flat Earth movement - so, this was the lead story on CBS Sunday Morning today - these people "know" the earth is flat

I'm just flabbergasted. Seriously? And this is the lead story for a major network news show! (Don't miss the video!)

bleurowz 8 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love the guy who wants to see for himself - is open minded and risks his life to make the trip. But does not believe his own government and many other countries who's done it for him already......and they brought home people with first hand experience and pictures who are all just lying to him. I guess its normal distribution that some will be the last believers.

Stig Level 5 Oct 14, 2018

I guess it gives an ego boost to read about these misguided idiots. All of us are, oh so far above them in intellect.

Actually the flat earth model has some good uses. Navigation of short distances is one. Mapping of small areas is another.

The planetary model, which has a spheroidal earth orbiting the sun, is also nothing but a model, useful for many things, but still only a model. Ultimate reality is a deep unfathomable mystery. We need models or symbols to stay organized.

I suppose there's some logic to their thinking. They only want absolute proof.

On one of the discussion boards on the web a flat earther actually stated that there are thousands of us all over the globe..... hilarious...

It is round.Like a plate

Yes, with ice around the edge. ?

@bleurowz And the reason why the temperature goes down around the edges is?

@Stig Eh, you got me.

@bleurowz All good - I think I understand from your posts that you're joking. I suppose a flat earther would say its because the dis is spinning and the edges move faster and thereby get colder. So the earth is at the warmest at the center and coldest on the edges.

@Stig yes its a joke

@steve148 @Stig Yes, I was joking (and there was also a shot in the video of a flat-earther version of the world with ice around the edge)... But I was also thinking, it probably also makes sense to a flat-earther this way: when a normal person says "the ends of the earth" they're usually referring to the North Pole or the South Pole -- you know, where the snow is -- so, for a flat-earther, the snow is LITERALLY at the ends of the earth...

@bleurowz I lookd at it again. That model actually has the north pole in the center with ice and Antarctica spread out as the edge. So cold at the center - warmer toward the middle of the disk and then cold at the edge. I wonder how they will explain that.

@Stig Ah, missed that. Hmm... Maybe it's the way the sun travels. Or the way they think it travels.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:201066
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.