Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK The Social Brain: culture, change and evolution | Bret Weinstein

Religion as an adaptive advantage.

skado 9 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I really woke up about twenty minutes in when Weinstein started talking politics. The left and the right might come together on policy if they started trying to learn truth rather than to win.

An idea I favor is that government should deal in stocks and bonds—manage a huge public fund on behalf of the people. This is not a utopian idea—it’s been proven to work in several countries. It is working in China and in Norway, and even Alaska has its Permanent Fund. Also I believe that Canada has such a fund for financing pensions.

It would take many years to fully implement such a plan, but the ultimate result would be the elimination of taxes, elimination of all social programs, and the institution of a lifelong subsistence income for all citizens. The goal should be efficiency and abundance for all of society. Creation of jobs is a liability, not an asset.

It is a great video, full of interesting ideas. Thanks for posting skado.

I think it's a good idea but first we have to get the regulations back in place to protect the public funds. The feduciary responsiblities need to be firmly inplace and not subject to a president, house or senate that undoes things on a whim because big corporate or the super wealthy want them to.

I think they already did that . Money has been collected from most workers' salaries and put into Social Security for over a hundred years . The Feds learned there was nothing to keep them from taking it , so they did with nothing more than an empty promisiary note , with no mention of any kind of effort to repay , what they ."borrowed ," much less any interest payments for borrowing it , rather than investing it .

And we've got Trump .

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:201912
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.