Agnostic.com

1 0

I've ended relationships when the woman I was with made it clear she was set on having kids. I wasn't mean about it, I just said I was sorry and she should find someone else because that is the opposite of what I wanted. For me, it was never about me being selfish and not wanting them because they would cramp my style. It was heavily about this article and also because I would be passing down a genetic shit show that wouldn't be fair to someone to have to deal with.
I also knew that, if I ever changed my mind, I could always foster or adopt.
[aeon.co]
Give this a read and let me know what you think.

Orly 5 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At the end of the day, you are doing the right thing, if for no one else than yourself. Besides, if you really wanted a child, you could adopt. There is nothing immoral in recognizing that kids can be a royal pain in the arse. It's not selfish to not want to share your resources with kids. Kids are super expensive to support. Why make life hard for yourself, if you choose not too. Why the guilt, even. I have six grand kids from my daughter, whom I love so very dearly and would not trade for the world as I helped raise them. What I did get in return is maturity, the ability to share with others, patience and insight in to whom I was and who I could become. Those kids mirror my being. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. I live alone and don't get lonely, because I treasure my alone time and to come and go, when and where as I please. You can always hang out with people who have kids and go home when you have had enough.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2020
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.