Agnostic.com

27 4

How many is too many?

How many sexual partners is too many sexual partners? Is there such a thing as too many?

• 0 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 7 votes
  • 37 votes
  • 12 votes
SonderOpia 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The partner with std is too many

I really hate slut shaming. There is a stigma that the amount of sexual partners you have had somehow correlates as to what kind of person you are. As long as it's consensual, it's nobody's business but the people who are involved.

I was with a guy who had had over a hundred women yet he was so bad in bed it was sad. We are friends to this day but I will not sleep with him. I think he had so many women because he wasn't getting call backs LOL.

I don't think number matters in relation to previous sexual encounters. What matters is that all parties involved are of age, consenting, healthy, and safe. And human. Felt the need to tack that last one on there...just in case.

Those poor necrophiliacs never get a break. LOL

there dead boring but always have a stiffy

@LeighShelton LOL

Numbers are arbitrary.

How many sexual partners anyone has had is no one else's damned business.
As long as no one is being exposed to an STD, it's immaterial.
If anyone asks how many partners anyone else has had, they're just setting them
up to be judged. No one should take that bait. However, if asked that question, they
should be wary of the person asking. They're just looking for something to judge you on.

totally agree - & wouldn't really care about being judged. in the end it's a way of learning about the other as well - & put some distance between us.

Maybe they just want to know so they know how experienced you may or may not be. I don't judge people based on their number I judge people based on their performance.

@SonderOpia And that's a very healthy attitude. However, I've seen too many of the people I described. I just don't think it's an appropriate question. .

@KKGator so I guess I'm not going to get to ask you huh? LOL

@SonderOpia LOL You can always ask. Doesn't mean you'll get an answer. 😉

At once or serially?

L 😀 L

in my young life - in order to pay off my first australia trip - i used to be a sex worker, on & off for a total of ca. 6 months. does that count?

Sure

No shame in that. I was a stripper for almost 6 years.

😀 @SteveB, it's called part of the real life, & i am very glad for having this forum - wouldn't bomb fakebook with the truth. you're not boring.

@SonderOpia, i like your attitude - which i totally share - about people who judge us for what we do with our lives best go to hell. i use my truth to sift the chaff from the wheat, so to speak.

hmmm doubt I would make any money as a sex worker, but might make some as a stripper, how much would people pay me to put my clothes back on?

@Rugglesby LOL

@SteveB, all i am doing in this life is being myself, & while still pealing off layers of "should-be"s & "don't"s & what-not-expectations i'm actually getting better & better at being genuinely the real thing 🙂 i won't be seeing all there is to see of our beautiful planet, but i certainly will enjoy myself - even if staring for half the day at my mob of red-browed finches feeding - without dancing to anyone's but my tune. be yourself.

that is the ultimate job!

Health is the only thing that matters to me in regard to sexual proclivities. Unless sex is unnecessarily risky or becomes disruptive to other areas of one's life, in which case there may be underlying psychological issues to address, I don't care whether it's zero or a thousand sexual partners. The consensual sexual practices of other adults are really none of my concern.

I say it's your life do what you want.

@twshield I don't give a shit who judges me. If you don't like the way I live then go live your own damn life. I agree though we do get shamed a lot for being sexual.

@SonderOpia slut shaming is total BS..and live the same philosophy..don't like me, move the fuck along cause I ain't your Mama..

The correct answer is 7. It's always 7. Anything less than 6, you sound like a liar, more than 10 and you sound like a slut. So the answer is always 7. (This is the "it's none of your business" kind of lie and is not really a lie.)

I lean toward telling the truth or telling the asker outright, "It's none of your business." But I like your perspective, too. 🙂

@resserts the trouble with "It's none of your business" makes it sound like you're covering up the 12 years you worked in the Nevada brothels.

Perhaps, or it might make it sound like I'm ashamed of my embarrassingly low numbers.

@resserts lol, if it didn't happen when you're young it isn't going to happen now.

I think the problem would be how many bad ones. I feel issues around sexual activity are a remnant from religion.

You look young enough to have been born after the start and peak of the AIDS epidemic. Before that I would say sexual adventure and variety was fun and any bias was prudishness or guilt laden outdated belief systems. Multiple sexual partners is a risk for multiple sexual diseases of all kinds.I think it increases the risk of personal trauma too. If I were in my 20's now and knew those two things I would approach my sex life in a much different way. Intimate relationships are a precious thing to nurture

Oh I remember the whole AIDS epidemic that's been since the seventies and I was born in 1968 so. There are things called condoms and the birth control pill and Exedra Exedra. You can protect yourself and be cautious and be okay.

@SonderOpia ok so go for someone with hundreds of partners

Less than 10.

As long as one is being healthy, not forcing someone to do something, is involved only with consenting adults and not causing harm or embarrassment ... I say yesYesYES!
But I believe I have a "problem."

Can one have too many friends?

No

with or without benefits?

I actually think you can have too few. I don't want someone who doesn't know what they want, or are too inhibited. I don't think I would consider someone with less than 10, unless she's spent most of her life in a monotonous relationship and wants to experiment.

There are the memorable ones and the ones you'd prefer to forget and therefore do.

Kimba Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

Do orgies count?

I like your style. When's the next one so I can show up?

@SonderOpia
Honestly that's why I joined up..thought it might be great place to get one going..lol

@Charlene I'm in!

Touching the white light is all I was ever after....good luck finding a man who even knows how.

You can teach a man where to touch you.

It depends upon the person.

How long is a piece of string?

Is this the string theory of sex?

What may be more important is how many your sexual partner has had and whether they practiced safe sex. Remember, there are some STD's you can't get rid of.

There are also some exes you can't get rid of. That's way worse than an STD or an STI.

Was never good with 11 seconds of fame. The expectation of my partners was to be faithful...though they couldn't be. Up until my wife? Every last one of them loved the orgasms that I couldn't be a part of. That's life.

I like how you put a question mark after my wife.

I can tell you that much... Too Many. I am leaving it at that. But I am sure is less than what my ex wife guessed... I think.

Ooooooh yeah let me tell ya ,I get no respect, the other day I asked my wife"how come I never hear scream when you have an orgasm"? she says ..."cuz your never there"!

Isn't that a line from Rodney Dangerfield?

@SonderOpia yes he was so awesome.......

@mangro yes he was.

I ain't tellin' ...

LOL

From this poll result it looks like we may be in for an Atheist Orgy.
<;0)

I sure hope so.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20222
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.