Agnostic.com

6 12

Ohio Cop Uses Words, Not Bullets on 11 Year-Old Carrying Realistic BB Gun

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good for the cop, and good for the mom who backed him up. Let's hope these boys learned a lifesaving lesson.

Those kids were lucky. That real takeaway is never call the cops on a black person. It puts their lives in danger.

@Bobbyzen I guess that might depend on what they're up to...

@Condor5 A biracial young man who lives in my neighborhood walked down to our private lake the week after he moved in. He carried a net to hunt for frogs for a high school project. No sooner had he stepped onto the lake shore then two white men came out of a house and yelled at him, "You don't belong here." Being a young black man taught well by his mother, he nodded, said yes sir, turned and left.

So how do you judge what they're up to? What if they're on a neighbor's porch? Couldn't they be running for office and knocking on doors asking for votes? What if they're holding something in their hand you can't quite make out? What if they're driving a nice car?

These are human beings with a right to walk free, to be free.

I am too familiar with too many tragedies that have befallen innocent black people at the hands of cops - young black men in particular. Please, please, please never call the cops on a black person. Please, I beg you. Their beautiful lives are in your hands.

@Bobbyzen if I see someone assaulting or stealing, I will call the cops regardless of what color they are.

@Condor5 #TamirRice #JordanEdwards #MikeBrown #AltonSterling #PhilandoCastille #TrayvonMartin #BothamShemJean #OscarGrant
#TooManyToName

You describe the problem perfectly: What gets black people killed by cops is ascribing bad motives to the acts and demeanor of black people. How do you know it’s an assault or a theft? Seriously please I beg you to be true to your profile, your dedication to fairness, and promise you’ll take that extra minute to consider the deadly injustices against black people and don’t ever call a cop on one. You could be handing them a death sentence. Please.

This should be the norm, not the exception..

You mean you don't have to kill someone as a first response? Incredible forward thinking! He should be training cops

Finally. It is sad that this is newsworthy.

True.

Takeaway: Don’t EVER call a cop on a black person. These kids got lucky. Most aren’t so lucky. #TamirRice

The BB gun wasn't real?

The BB gun looks like a firearm.

@bingst I know what they were trying to say. However, a bb gun can be as deadly as a .22 LR. I had a co2 powered pistol when I was young. Yes you could kill someone with that. Easy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:203536
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.