Agnostic.com

10 7

It was just pointed out, and a total surprise to me, that Cleopatra is nearer in time to the Aswan Dam then she is to the Egyptian pyramids. That throws some perspective on time for me.

Dick_Martin 7 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This fact may be a surprise too... Cleopatra died 2,048 years ago in 30BCE. If you set your time machine to travel that much further back from the construction of the Great Pyramid, the Cairn de Barnenez in Brittany would already be 242 years old - exactly the same age as the USA (dated from the Declaration of Independence) this year.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

I just read an article from a jewish rabbi that said the pyramids were massive granaries, the ones mentioned in the story of Joseph. The problem is there no place to store grain at all.
I truly believe they were simply monuments to show power and might. The modern camaro to compensate for...well they must have have very much to compensate for.....

Get out! Whoa.

I have been interested in Egyptology for a long time. One of the things I think about is that no mummy has ever been found in a Pyramid leading me to postulate that just possibly the pyramids may have been elaborate shams for the purpose of misleading would-be grave robbers. It has always been assumed that the reason no mummies have been found in the pyramids is those grave robbers got there first. Consider that the elaborate preparations including decorations, stone sarcophagus, etc. built by workmen would have caused the belief among the general populace that it was the resting place for sure (rather than the Valley of the Kings, etc). What do you think?

[news.nationalgeographic.com] - mummy found in pyramid 🙂

Fun fact: Cleo was 19 when she seduced the 44-year-old Julius Caesar.

My kind of woman...

Wasn't she married to her own brother at the time? Now that you bring fun facts. There are some accounts that she was not pretty... that pretty on those days was not a physical thing was a maturity and knowledge thing... she spoke several languages and educated as royalty, prepared to lead a country at some point in her life and that was what attracted cesar.

There are so many secrets and misconceptions to discover, that every day can be a new adventure.

Gert Level 7 Feb 2, 2018

Cleopatra wasn't even racially an Egyptian woman. She was Greek, her line going back to Alexander the Great period a couple of centuries before.

@MrLizard it is

We could also mention that in her family incest was common, for example between brother and sister as was the case with CLEO and her brother, in order to keep the Greek bloodline in the family "pure" . Interesting family.

A colleague explained his theory that Mohammad built the Great Pyramid with help from aliens to me a while ago. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the Great Pyramid was already more than three thousand years old by the time Mohammad was born.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

serious? wow, blows me away, ha, me and my assumptions but yeah, she was around in Caesars time and pyramids were back in the days of Moses

Yeah, when things are put in a time line like that...
Gives you real perspective on just how long the universe that we know has been around.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.