Agnostic.com

2 2

@GipsyOfNewSpain Just found this wonderful clip of a very young Manitas de Plata on black and white tv. Watch his left hand little finger for its precision:

FrayedBear 9 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know a chap, Adam Westcott, he plays Flamenco guitar very well. Around a decade ago he found out where Manitas lived then turned up on his doorstep with a guitar. Manitas invited him in and they hung out together for a couple of weeks, chatting and playing guitar. Adam wrote a book about it.

I think I picked up one of his records in a bargain bin about 45 years ago. Was hooked! By the way I started a group for folkies why don't you join @Sawney_Mor - see "Traditional and Folkmusic"

Brilliant. And here's a much more modern one that I"m enjoying listening to at the moment on Utube. To watch it yourself type in Ana Vidovic plays Asturias by Isaac Albéniz

I cannot agree. Ana Vidovic is a superb guitar player but she is playing prewritten music. The playing of Manitas de Plata contained so much improvisation that few could cover him. I thank you however for your comment and my introduction to this great young artist who will hopefully be entertaining us all for many years to come. You also prodded me into looking a little further into Manitas de Plata and I came up with a knowledgeable obitiary following his death at the very respectable age of 93 in 2014. IMO well worth the read.

[theguardian.com]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20433
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.