Agnostic.com

7 0

LINK What do you think of MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way)?

MGTOW stands for me going their own way. You can read about it in the link.

What is your opinion of the movement?

Millzy 5 Oct 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My 'BS' meter went off.

All for it?

If you (as in the general 'you' ) want to go about your life the way you want to and forgo romance and whatnot, more power to ya. I'm all for not bending to the will of society. Not everyone needs a romantic relationship. But this hated of all women is just unproductive. The Venn Diagram of MGTOWs and incels is almost a single circle.

This

Sounds like it might be a misguided "male pride" movement. Probably more nuanced than that but I poked around a few pages and what I mostly got is "wimmin? we don't need no stinkin' wimmen".

It's certainly true that limited energy and life force often cannot be sufficient for both being a good life partner and father, and having laser focus on one's professional life. If it's more important to (like, e.g., Tesla) make giant Jacob's ladders and experiment with death rays than to have a domestic life, that's a valid decision that I can respect. On the other hand Tesla died alone, more crazy than not, leaving behind a series of hotels he stiffed by not paying the rent. So there's that.

Some men AND women, choose to go their own way for so many different reasons. And for many, it works out best for those individuals. Best to know yourself - who you are, what you want, and what you need.
Then, do what you have to , to make it happen !

I intended to live that way but I got lonely and horny and went off track. Eventually things turned out ok.

There is nothing inherently anti-female about the statement. There’s nothing to keep women from taking similar stances, and in fact many do. I wish them all success and happiness, these MGTOW.

It's a naive and immature world view based on prejudices against women. Those people obviously can't handle serious relationships so if they leave women alone that's a good thing. To be honest I'm comforted by the thought that those guys won't procreate.

Dietl Level 7 Oct 19, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:204483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.