Agnostic.com

2 1

QUESTION “Life, uh, finds a way”—Applying lessons from evolution to go to Mars | Ars Technica

“Biomimicry rests upon the idea that evolution has been working in a massively parallel fashion for millions and millions of years to ruthlessly achieve effectiveness—not necessarily perfection!” he says. “It frequently does so in bizarre and unusual ways that you would never think of just approaching it from a strict engineering standpoint. Sometimes the limitations animals have can lead them to new and strange innovations that actually make them even better.”

zblaze 7 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am a product of some motherfuckers wanting to go west until they bump with "new" land and called it a "discovery". So I am sorry... I am not interested in the colonization of mars. Or whatever engineering is dreaming about.

All you need to do is look at a poorly maintained parking lot to see that "life" is completely inexorable! You cannot kill it!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.