Agnostic.com

10 1

Do you ever see a day where politicians don't have to embrace Christianity

There is little doubt in my mind that some are nonbelievers.

• 6 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 13 votes
freethinker09 5 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes i do. Yesterday!

Not in this country. There is too much competition for limited and shrinking resources and people always look for ways of getting more and the religious club is one of the most powerful.

With the current trend toward non affiliation, I think it is inevitable. Our species is slowly waking from its dream state and will one day embrace the real world. How long that may take is anybody's guess, but I think it will be sometime within the next 50 years or so.

Yes. I'd guess in 50 - 100 years which is what the US seems to be lagging behind what the rest of the world is doing.

SamL Level 7 Oct 26, 2017

I think the time is coming in the US where there will be a president or a presidential candidate who will be agnostic (not too pushy about it, but who, in the fashion of Bernie Sanders, will simply proclaim that they do not actively participate in organized religion) or Jewish. But I think a Muslim or Sikh president is a bit of a stretch. But who know what the future holds!

Outside the US many already focus on more secular and humanistic goals.

I think that if you stop measuring the world by America you will find that many already are.

Exactly!!

Well said , sir !

They will change when they can get more votes and lobbyist money for saying they are atheist.

Probably not in my lifetime.

I wish but I don't believe it will ever happen in my life

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2062
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.