Agnostic.com

3 2

National Secular Lobby - Australia -Other thoughts

The link list some of the items promoted by the lobby.
[nationalsecularlobby.org]

Some of the comments are interesting, 78% of Australians support separating Church from State, which is a worry given that such was in our constitution form the beginning, does this mean we have gone backwards by 22%?

Rugglesby 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wish there were a more active atheist movement here in Australia. Yes there are some bodies, mainly Sydney focused, and they do stuff, Dawkins visits etc, but as an atheist here I feel completely isolated. The nature of Australia is the reason - big country, scattered population, a few big cities, Sydney centred everything. It's just how things are here. If I had the time and resources I'd fly to atheist events here, but you how it is.

there is the secular party but it is slow going,

The biased cencus question is a good point. A friend of mine who is not religious put down presbyterian because of upbringing.
If John Howard hadn't put up a biased referendum question we would possibly be a republic now.

I doubt it would have been 100% back then. The problem is too many religious folk find ways to wriggle around it, or even ignore it altogether.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.