Agnostic.com

7 4

Difficult partners

Wildgreens 8 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't pick partners lovers picked me ....we all have our difficulties. ...I have tbi tinnitus conductive hearing loss from all the loud ass A-4, A-7 and F-14 full power afterburner engine take off and landings hundreds if not thousands a day and night. ...war is FUCKING LOUD much louder than the Loggins&Messina music in the movie TopGun shot on my base a decade after my war

It seems to me that it's ideal if there is mutual picking. Sometimes I get interested in a guy, but if he is clearly not interested back, very quickly I'm just not interested anymore. Sometimes guys are interested in me first. That tends to get my attention, and occasionally the interest was immediately returned, and other times I found it worthwhile to give the guy a chance to see if there was anything there. Sometimes a polite indication of no interest was fine, other times I had to run. A partnership just because the other is interested never works.

I'm sorry to hear they haven't fixed the hearing protection situation in the military yet. My father was one of the first people in the Air Force when it broke off from the Army Air Corps. There was one range where he went deaf - the same range of the engines of the airplanes he flew (various B-something planes).

All partners are difficult and hard work, especially ourselves.

Relationships can be quite a bliss. Takes a lot of love, kindness, being unselfish, understanding and being very caring. Also, keeping yourself happy. 🙂

@Wildgreens when a woman loves a man THAT IS HEAVEN. A good man works to stay worthy of love

We can at least heal ourselves to the point that we can be more attracted to people with a less unhealthy degree of what we were familiar with. My second husband was about 1,000 times better than my first. I have learned, healed, and grown more since my second marriage, and can see where I need to make a few more repairs before I even want to try to make a new selection; so if there's a next deep relationship, it should work out well.

Interesting.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 4, 2018

So my daughters are finding a hard time finding a right partner because I was/am a Unique type of guy not found everywhere. Okay. Their mother is woking on husband nr 3 so... Cool. gotcha.

This solidifies my theory that I am attracted to stoic men because that's how my parents were/are.

What do you think ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20986
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.