Agnostic.com

1 0

Philosophy and Ideology.

The reply of EricTrommater in relation to the post on hypocrisy made me think about Marxism, Capitalism and other ideologies in general. These are my thoughts about it:
An ideology is based on the thinking process, a philosophy, of someone. Mostly an individual thinker. An ideology is theoretical and limiting the thoughts if you become a follower. It's just the same as religion works. The practice in real life though is never a real expression of the ideology. I am more an adherent of free thinking and if I wanted to name my thoughts as an ideology, I would call it "Compassionate Social Individualism" (made up myself) or something like that. Where the acceptance of the individual needs is recognized. It has elements of Marxism, Capitalism and Anarchism in it. I live in a so called Capitalistic society and I see that there is a lot of anti-social -, even evil -, elements in that. But I also love parts of it that make me feel pretty free in my way of living. Communism, loosely based on the theories of Marx, is a totalitarian system where everybody does is part to run the society, but it has appeared to be used to suppress the people and force people to be part of it. That doesn't create freedom, that creates slavery. You see that Putin still uses a lot of elements of that to stay in power, even after the communism is formally abolished. Anarchism is a way where directly involved people determine what is needed for a social society, where everybody plays its part in running the community. Where the sick and disabled are taken care of, where food that is grown or gain by the community is equally shared. Where nobody is more important than the other. Where the intellect that people have is equal valued as it is contributed to society (contribution is never equal because of individual differences, so you can't demand a level of contribution, not intellectual, nor physical). This kind of anarchy you often find in tribes where there has not been contact with Western "civilization". So, I think a way of living together with compassion, with awareness for the needs of all but also for the individual needs and freedom, is preferable to me.
I call it "Compassionate Social Individualism" because it is based on what I see and feel what is good for society and the individuals that live in it. Individualism, because I'm aware that nobody feels and thinks alike. I don't need followers, I don't need to write my theory because it is no theory, jus compassionate awareness of the needs of myself and others. I don't need followers, just thinkers.

Reading this piece, you should be aware that I never made a serious study of ideologies. Just what I learned in school and what I have seen about it in the world around me. I always try to be open to information. Some information might be not completely right, or wrongly interpreted, so don't start a discussion about details. I'm open to a conversation on how and why and to adjustment of my insights.

Gert 7 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To each according to his need, from each, according to his ability. This is a cornerstone of Marxism I agree with. However totalitarianism is usually the end result of communism, so idk.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20999
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.