Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK The epidemic of denial about sexual abuse in the evangelical church. - The Washington Post

The failure in the Evangelical Church to deal with the problem of sexual abuse.

AlasBabylon 8 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are emulating the Roman church?

What I went through was mild compared to so many others .... I got called foul names, was pinched, grabbed, my skirt yanked up .... I often came home crying and afraid to go to school. I was not only forced to take abuse Monday through Friday at school, but I was forced to attend that same church and got harassed on Saturdays and Sundays too. A few times I burst out crying on the way to church and could not stop, so I was allowed to go back home. My mother went to the pastor and begged him to reason with the bully. The pastor said "He loves your daughter, this is how he shows her he likes her." My mother, a very ignorant person, even she knew this was outrageous and she started to cry. The pastor said "Okay, I will talk to him." Pastors can't stand a crying woman, they will do anything to get a crying woman out of their office. He politely, nicely asked the bully to cut down on the "teasing." From then on, the verbal abuse continued, but the physical harassment stopped. I told my parents to send me to a different school or I would kill myself. They did. The new school was better. I still took verbal abuse and ridicule but at least did not get grabbed, my skirt pulled up, etc. It was truly awful ... and yet, I had it easy compared to so many others.

SKH78 Level 8 Oct 29, 2018

Jesus H! They just don't get it and we don't know why they don't. That's a terrible story and I'm glad you're OK.

The pastor's remarks and weak response is inexcusable. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that. The bully deserved to have his ass beaten.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:211283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.