Agnostic.com

3 0

Justice for our Indian nations

Do you feel in this day and age we have treated the Indian population of our country fairly?What would you do to aid these nations?

Marine 8 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

;Love this question which needs to be asked. For the past couple decades I have always wished to see a Native American President. Here we would see first hand respect and dignity. we would see compassion on a scale of spirituality not felt by many.
the native americans have been treated terribly. they have been tormented and trashed yet their dignity remains.

they are the original founding parents of the USA> It is they who saw this land as life mingled with theirs. Why do we continue to say we founded this nation when in fact we stole this land and made it into a shit hole for many.

EMC2 Level 8 Nov 4, 2018

Usually I read stuff and brings thoughts into my mind, which I like to share unfiltered and I get heat for it. Not the first and likely won't be the last time. Why is it that as a country in general we are so eager to erase the civil war, bring down the confederate flag, remove statues or erase other pieces of history like Columbus but we are kind of obsessed with the Indians? (Sometimes the wrong way). Isn't a celebration to their memory to have a sports team name dedicated to them? As a group of individuals, part of our culture and history, it all should be preserved and cherished... All and everything, the good and bad or as someone have already said it, if we don't learn from our past then we are condemned to repeat the same mistakes.

Have you ever traveled to the land we gave them even today you most likely could not sell it. No water ,minerals or anything else that matters.

@Marine I have had the opportunity to interact with some of them in New Mexico and Texas years ago. Nice memories and good friends. Anyhow, in my book we all are the same. In a sense that we all breathe the very same air. My point is that their legacy and rights is equally important as any other group.

First Nations

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:214940
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.