Agnostic.com

3 0

QUESTION Catholic churches burn in Chile as Pope Francis attempts damage control over sex abuse scandals | South China Morning Post

The Argentine pope is nearly a native son, having studied in Chile during his Jesuit novitiate and he knows the country well, but Chileans give him the lowest approval rating among the 18 Latin American nations in the survey.

“People are leaving the church because they don’t find a protective space there,” said Juan Carlos Claret, spokesman for a group of church members in Osorno that has opposed Barros’ appointment as bishop. “The pastors are eating the flock.”

zblaze 7 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good. Let them burn. And while they're at it, they should open a can of whoop ass on the priests!

One of the main complaints against Bergoglio is the fact he didn't do anything to bring pedophile priests to justice. In fact, he did a lot to get Father Grassi -sentenced to 15 years for sexual abuse- out of jail.

I'd say that's a good reason to be unhappy with him! It never ceases to amaze me and BAFFLE me why churches protect pedophiles. My moms church worked very hard to keep it quiet while my grandfather sexually abused me! Pigs, all of them!

Okay... I want to see his birth certificate.

May I ask you why? I wish he wasn't Argentinian.

@DUCHESSA It was a joke to the obama ordeal.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Well, to compare Bergoglio to Obama is an insult to BO.....and I didn't like him at all.

@DUCHESSA it was the joke of trump asking for his birth certificate... nothing more beyond that... nothing to compare beyond the "show me the birth certificate".

@GipsyOfNewSpain Do you think I never heard of Trump asking for Obama's birth certificate? Dear, please. I am not pendeja.I

@DUCHESSA I know you are not. Never my intention. But the joke was not to compare Obama with the pope.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Either way...both are bad ones.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21600
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.