Agnostic.com

6 1

Have you seen Altered Carbon?

Are there any other sci fi fans watching this on Netflix? This is one of the most thought-provoking sci-fi shows I have seen in quite awhile. I find myself wanting to watch each episode twice because it's so rich in detail and vision.

[imdb.com]

LucifersPen 7 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Watched the whole first season in two days! Love it. I will probably watch it again. I'm wondering where they will take the show if they have a second season. Will they continue to follow Kovaks in his search for Quell? Or will they find a new character/story? Either way, I will watch it.

I'm taking my sweet time with it.. Episode 6 tonight. 😉

I understand there's three books in the series, so...

@LucifersPen So I can hope for a Season 2! Yay. 🙂

The part I find so fascinating about this show isn't so much the immortality aspect of Digital Human Freight, but the concept of changing sleeves, i.e. human bodies, as if it were clothing.

Yes yes yes

I'm starting this tonight. I watched the credits earlier and it reminds me of Westworld. I LOVE Westworld.

Haven't watched it but seen it as available on Netflix and have been wondering....I will now watch upon your comment, sounds like right up my alley!

Not a sci-fi fan at all...Star Wars never saw even the first one...heresy I know 😛

Well, let me be a bit heretical and say I don't necessarily consider Star Wars real sci-fi anyway, more closer to just epic fantasy. Real sci-fi deals in the realm of possibilities.

This particular show deals with the concept of creating immortality in the future by transferring human consciousness digitally between bodies. If such a technology were to be created, how would it affect society? That's the premise of the show in a nutshell.

@LucifersPen we would become robots? Btw the 2 of us immortality is overrated

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21650
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.