Agnostic.com

3 0

Hypothesis based on real life observation:
Two families identical in every way but one; religion. One family is big time Church going Jesus Loves ME this I Know and the other….Not so much, in fact more like quiet nones.
Both families are suddenly going through the same hard times, say job loss for both.
The Christians tell the family that are members in their church that “God is testing them” and they tell the other non-religious family that “God is punishing them for their lack of belief” I would love to know just who made them the false God’s interpreter of reasons why bad things happen to people. I just find it rather solicitous on the part of the religious to cast that sort of judgement. They have no idea why any of these things happen and I can only surmise these statements towards those they perceive as un-Christian to be made out of self important malice. Just my opinion.

misstuffy 7 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It isnt just your opinion. The bible is pretty clear on this. Followers of the bible are not supposed to interrupt punishments.

They are not following their own book.

I thought it was not to interpret punishments? Either way they seem to think they know whats what when we know bad things happen to everyone regardless of belief systems.

Confirmation bias is a common thing.

IdiotIc evil xians voted in TrumpOLINI keeping millions unemployed keeping wages low ....faith can only get cultists cult jobs while Atheist workers have useful critical thinking jobs skills. ...one family is learning predatory tactics other family may move away from the fucked up believers for available jobs and smarter neighbors

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21684
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.