9 6

LINK Adopted at Birth group

Hey folks. I’ve just created a group for people who, like me, were adopted into their families. I find it to be an important topic in my life for many reasons and I think discussion would be helpful as well as interesting.
[agnostic.com]

By AmiSue
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

9 comments

I still have my yellowing and crumbling English adoption papers from over 70 years ago.

Was always a family joke that I cost 3 shillings and sixpence (the court costs on the adoption and legal name change.)

John_Tyrrell Level 5 Nov 8, 2018

Wow! You were certainty a steal LOL

I'm an adoptive parent, so I don't want to take up too much space here. But I did want to post a link to a podcast I frequently listen to which has a lot of very thoughtful narratives from adoptees. I feel as if I've learned a lot from it and recommend it to anyone in the adoption triad. [adopteeson.com]

PalacinkyPDX Level 7 Nov 6, 2018

Wonderful! I used to work for an attorney who handled adoptions, and it's a beautiful thing! My niece was adopted from Russia. My father never adopted by half-sister, but gave her his name (different times back then) and treated her like his own.

germangirl90439 Level 8 Nov 6, 2018

great idea for a group!

hankster Level 8 Nov 6, 2018

Thanks! Let’s see how many adoptees are with us here. I figure a fair percentage here were born before Roe v. Wade. Far fewer babies up for grabs after that ruling.

I want to adopt when I start having kids. So I am really interested in the experience of others

Myah Level 6 Nov 6, 2018

great group and i am sure there are many here that can identify

twshield Level 8 Nov 6, 2018

Thanks! I hope I find people. I was inspired by a post the other day that asked the question what things do you spend a lot of time thinking about? I realized that over time this topic was one for me.

@AmiSue thanks awesome and i sure there are many here who were and have adopted kids

Being an adoptive parent, I also find it interesting.

Doubtingtom Level 5 Nov 6, 2018

Please join if you care to. It's no small thing for all involved.

I find it interesting that any idiot can make a baby, or foster kids, but they make it difficult as hell for people to adopt.

I (along with 4 of my 6 sisters) was adopted when i was 16. I was pretty feral by then, after living in 4 foster homes (one of which made me sleep in a tent in the backyard) and a boys home (which was actually awesome). And here I am.

Gooniesnvrdie Level 6 Nov 6, 2018

Cool.

I actually refused to get adopted, although it probably could've been a good idea.

JurassicT4 Level 6 Nov 6, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!