Agnostic.com

8 1

Music (New Atheists?)

Would you be more interested or less interested in listening to a new band if you found out that the band members were atheist?

• 8 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 15 votes
StoneSerenity 5 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All the best music hs already been written anyway.... Classic Rock my friend!

It used to not bother me so much. Back in the day I got into some christian ska bands but the sucky thing about going to their concerts is the whole prayer and be saved bs. I even went to harvest at Angel's stadium. I was there for the music but when all is said and down they preach and invited anybody who wanted to devote themselves to go and be born again, down to the field. Very creepy and cult-like. So I tend to stray away from it now.

I like bands that are atheists or just don't talk about religion in general. More relatable. Bands that are against religion are fine but even that can be too much talk about it.

Whatever floats your boat

I actively stay away from music that mentions faith, church, jesus and all that nonsense..

I'd look forward to songs without god, jesus, pary, prayer or other religious words in the lyrics.

It’s all about the music....nothing else is relevant.

Celebrities seem to have more and more influence nowadays. I thought Taylor Swift was vastly overrated until her anti-Nazi/anti-gay stance. Now I'm a fan. Support celebs who aren't assholes.

In general I don't even search for the personal life or even know the names of faces of the group members .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:218302
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.