Agnostic.com

9 3

Do atheists make better lovers?

What's your experience? I'm talking about committed relationships, not just sex. Does believing this life is all we have encourage people to invest more in it?

Introverted 6 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think that being a better lover or investing more in a relationship would be due to one's beliefs. Some Atheist devote themselves to work, some to happiness with a lover. The same can be said about religious people. I have family that is religious and very dedicated to keeping their lover happy. Some people who are religious devote their lives to that religion. I think it depends on what each person feels passionate about. If it's your lover, you will probably be a better partner, whether you have faith in a higher power or not.

Hm. Honestly in my small sample size the data 100% reflects the hypothesis that athiests are better sex partners. I've only had committed relationships with athiests or someone who became an atheist while dating them.

Never thought about it...

Interesting question.

I think when peoples faith or lack of faith is compatible it makes for a better longer lasting relationship.

Sex is like anything else practise makes prefect, my atheist lover seem to have been the best and the least inhibited but, those Sunday morning when you can just stay in bed probably helped a lot.

Atheists are the best everything! 🙂

I think that we should definitely start the rumor that they are THE BEST lovers!

Its not a rumour they are the best.

I've had two relationships with believers who were not really practicing and one with an atheist. The sex with the believers was better, but I don't think belief or non-belief has anything to do with how good sex is. I think it depends more on the other person's experience and their attitude.

I can only speak for myself. I have a passion for life. Sex, relationships, humor, pets, gardening, and everything else I value is a passion for me. I want to experience it to the fullest. Life is bitter/sweet, but the joys of life are worth celebrating it and living it to the fullest. Believers often ask about the meaning of life or without a god, why go on. The basics of life are enough to go on. Eating, sex, art, music, nature, laughing, a sunset, trees, all make life amazing. When one accepts that life is to be lived, then one gains a happiness and appreciation for life. What makes life even better is the interactions and relationships we have with each other. The universe cares for us as much as it cares for any worm. It cares nothing about any life form, but we care for each other and that makes the difference.

Believers tend to get caught up in Biblical interpretations of what is right and wrong, so cannot fully give themselves to most situations. In my experience Christian sex is rubbish. Bunch of prudes!

Awesome response, @daddy4pugs! I love it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.